Monday, September 30, 2013

Sept. 30, 2013
Over the past week, we had an assignment to pick a movie that we feel best fits the hero's circle, and research it. My personal opinion on this project was at first slewed. I thought it was going to be a bunch of boring, busywork, with no real meaning. As it turns out, I really did enjoy this project after all. I was in a group with my friends, which usually means I wouldn't get any work done, but I somehow did. For our movie, we used Garyn's idea for The Nightmare Before Christmas. It's Garyn's favorite movie, so I didn't argue with her. It took me a long time to write out the paragraphs, but I eventually found parts in the movie that represented the steps on the hero's journey. I still TRON would have been a better movie to interpret, but our idea of Jack atop the mountain in the center of our poster was a good idea. Overall, I liked this assignment out of all others this year, and would hope to do more work with posters in the future. It was fun, and I have a brand new way of looking at movies and stories.
Although out poster was quite obviously the best of the class (bragging rights), I did take a liking to Henry and Jack's group poster. They chose to do their project on the character Jack Hall from The Day After Tomorrow. They had a great visual. Their poster was blue with snow powdered over it, and it looked very realistic. I liked their poster the best. They also did a great job explaining their steps. I've seen that movie, and I would have thought it wouldn't have been an easy one to interpret. I really don't think it follows the Hero's Journey outline, but they made it work. Everyone did a great job on this project, and I think all of them should be hung up on Mrs. Cawlfield's walls. This was a great project.


No comments:

Post a Comment