Clouds of War
Heartache, misery, endless tears
Unheard cries of a broken heart
The days, the month, all of the years
Since our home was torn apart
I never meant to leave you alone
I never meant to make you cry
You're in my heart down to the last bone
It was never easy saying goodbye
I hear words of love you whispered to me
Though it seems like forever ago
I close my eyes only to see
In a starry night, your eyes glow
They couldn't hear your desperate scream
Do they know what does it mean?
To be so young and have a dream
Just like you my glorious queen
I never meant to leave you fatherless
Never wished to see your heart bleed
But clouds of war are just so merciless
It rains death on flowers and weeds
Don't you cry my baby girl!
Your loving dad is always here
Tears on your cheeks like precious pearls
Please don't you cry, my dearest dear
Samah Kalakh (Samah Ahmed Kalakh, Kuwait)
Unheard cries of a broken heart
The days, the month, all of the years
Since our home was torn apart
I never meant to leave you alone
I never meant to make you cry
You're in my heart down to the last bone
It was never easy saying goodbye
I hear words of love you whispered to me
Though it seems like forever ago
I close my eyes only to see
In a starry night, your eyes glow
They couldn't hear your desperate scream
Do they know what does it mean?
To be so young and have a dream
Just like you my glorious queen
I never meant to leave you fatherless
Never wished to see your heart bleed
But clouds of war are just so merciless
It rains death on flowers and weeds
Don't you cry my baby girl!
Your loving dad is always here
Tears on your cheeks like precious pearls
Please don't you cry, my dearest dear
Samah Kalakh (Samah Ahmed Kalakh, Kuwait)
No comments:
Post a Comment