Sunday, February 9, 2014

Blog Post #18

For this week's reflection, I would like to just talk about what happened in class and my own personal opinion on it. First off, this week was kind of a planning week. We are just about to start a new project to help us all have an understanding of the tragic hero. We pick a movie and a character that we think represents the path of the tragic hero and relate it to Oedipus in a tie-in essay. Then, after picking and evaluating the character, we find three other people to help work on a poster of the character to present. We each choose one of the steps the tragic hero follows and take it to evaluate personally. So far, all we have finished is the reading and citing of Sophocles' Oedipus Rex. I now need to find a movie and a character to evaluate.
As my own opinion on this assignment, I think I will enjoy it. I love breaking down movies, and although making a poster adds to the stress, it also helps me get some energy out. I like the artsy part of this project, and I think I have a strong understanding of what a tragic hero is. I am a little fuzzy on the details of the essay, but I'm sure I can get my questions answered. I hope to do well on this assignment, and I hope to find a good tragic hero to present.





No comments:

Post a Comment