If I were to get more time at this project, I would only want to change one thing-the sand on our poster. It's really not a big deal, but at the bottom of our black sheet of paper we decided to cover some burnt buildings and a Panzer tank with brown sugar to represent the beach, and brown sugar is a sticky mess. It really didn't work out. It just looks gross. We were hoping to have a nice, smooth even beach but instead we have an off-colored streak of glue and syrup. If I were to do this again, I would use cinnamon and less glue, and maybe even a second sheet of paper behind it for color support. I wish we could have another chance, but as long as we do a good job presenting I think it will all work out.
Monday, February 10, 2014
Blog Post #20
For this week's blog post, I would like to reflect on the final product of our Tragic Hero project. After all the hard work and toiling my group and I did, all we finished with is a poster and a five page essay for each of us. I spent about two to three hours on my essay, and around three solid hours in class on the poster. My group and I planned, examined, cut out, re-planned, and glued until we were all worn down and out of artistic ability-and then we came back the next day and did it again. I am really proud of my group, and even more proud of what we created together. For what we were given to work with, I think we did okay.
If I were to get more time at this project, I would only want to change one thing-the sand on our poster. It's really not a big deal, but at the bottom of our black sheet of paper we decided to cover some burnt buildings and a Panzer tank with brown sugar to represent the beach, and brown sugar is a sticky mess. It really didn't work out. It just looks gross. We were hoping to have a nice, smooth even beach but instead we have an off-colored streak of glue and syrup. If I were to do this again, I would use cinnamon and less glue, and maybe even a second sheet of paper behind it for color support. I wish we could have another chance, but as long as we do a good job presenting I think it will all work out.

If I were to get more time at this project, I would only want to change one thing-the sand on our poster. It's really not a big deal, but at the bottom of our black sheet of paper we decided to cover some burnt buildings and a Panzer tank with brown sugar to represent the beach, and brown sugar is a sticky mess. It really didn't work out. It just looks gross. We were hoping to have a nice, smooth even beach but instead we have an off-colored streak of glue and syrup. If I were to do this again, I would use cinnamon and less glue, and maybe even a second sheet of paper behind it for color support. I wish we could have another chance, but as long as we do a good job presenting I think it will all work out.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment